The importance of protection insurance is widely acknowledged but what about Life Insurance. Thousands take out protection policies every day to protect the things we love and have worked hard for, including:
- our homes and contents
- our cars
- well-deserved holidays
Nothing is more precious than our families. If our health was to suffer and we couldn’t work in order to provide for them, what then?
Let’s take that sentiment one step further: how can we protect those we love most if we die? Well, financially the answer is; Life Insurance, and it is the ultimate act of love…..
1. Life Insurance is The Gift That Lasts A Lifetime
You work hard to provide your loved ones with everything they need; the roof over the head, the food on the table..as well as all the little gifts and extras. There are few greater joys than the feeling you get when you give someone you love a gift. For less than the money you spend a month treating your partner or children you could take out Life Insurance. If you were to die, they could continue to live the lifestyle you provided when you were alive.
Life Insurance, unlike some other insurances you can take out to protect your finances. It is only driven by the commitment towards the family you love. Those who are single or don’t have children will often forgo this type of policy. Alternatively, you may take out a form of Income Protection instead.
3. It Will Only Benefit Those You Love
Life Insurance truly is a selfless act; of course, you will be paying monthly premiums. You will never benefit personally from the money you have invested, as the policy will only pay out if you die.
4. It Offers Security
At the moment your family relies on you, and there isn’t anything you wouldn’t do for them. If you weren’t around any more, who would provide for them? Would your spouse have to give up work or cut their hours to take care of your young children? What about childcare costs? And what if you were the main or only breadwinner? What about the mortgage? What about feeding and clothing your children? Taking out Life Insurance means that your family will still be financially secure. Life Insurance can ease some of the stress for your family, during what will already be a difficult time.
5. Life Insurance provides the Ultimate Peace of Mind
Having a Life Insurance policy in place is the financial equivalent of a security blanket. The knowledge that you are providing financial support after you are gone is comforting.
6. Self-Love with Critical Illness Cover
Although Life Insurance really is for those you love, why not add Critical Illness cover and give yourself some love? Critical Illness policies will pay out a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with a serious illness. It will provide enough to pay off your mortgage and cover your salary.
7. Love is Trust
In order to make the gift of Life Insurance even more special to your family, place it in a trust. This means that the money goes directly to your beneficiaries, instead of your legal estate. Additionally, this means it won’t be subject to inheritance tax.
8. Life Is Better With Life Insurance
If you were to die, the bills, mortgage, and cost of living continue. Life Insurance can certainly soften the financial blow to your family; who will no doubt have more emotional matters to consider. Few families have savings set aside for a funeral, and the average cost in the UK is over £4000. Taking into account that your family has also lost your wage; which may have been the only wage. It becomes even clearer to see that insuring your life really is an invaluable gift to leave your loved ones.
9. It’s not FOR You, It’s From you
The truly valuable things that we give our families are time and memories. A Life Insurance policy means that even after you are gone, your family can continue to make memories. They can spend their time together, whilst focusing on the precious gift of life rather than financial uncertainty.
10. Life Goes On
As they say “Life goes on”! If the worst were to happen, we all wish the lives of our loved ones should continue. An Insurance policy ensures that in the future you can still contribute to the lives of those you love. Perhaps with a car or wedding for one of your children, or even a house deposit.
Life Insurance is important to you because your family is important to you. You want them to be as protected as possible if something were to happen to you. Think of it as ‘Love Insurance’. Life Insurance is the gift that will keep giving.
- Mental Health and Life InsuranceIn this article I’m going to be discussing mental health and how it might impact on your Life Insurance policy; what conditions are covered? How are your premiums going to be affected?….and how easy is it to get cover in the first place? One in four adults will experience mental illness at some point in […]
- What You Need To Know About Life InsuranceWhat You Need To Know About Life Insurance? It’s a sad statistic that, before they’ve reached adulthood, almost 1 in 30 children will have to deal with the death of a parent, which is why having Life Insurance to protect your family’s finances should the worst happen to you is so important. This article takes […]
- Which Life Insurance Is The Best?If you’ve read any of my other articles on Life Insurance, you’ll have a pretty good idea of who provides it, and why it’s a good idea to have it – especially if you are the main earner in your household and have children who are financially dependent on you. But with so many insurers […]