Buildings and Contents Insurance Quotes and Services

Buildings and Contents Insurance quotes, More than Money

Buildings and Contents Insurance quotes vary, but your lender might insist you have buildings and contents insurance compulsory? My article explains it all

If you have a home (and stuff in it!), then Building and Contents Insurance just makes good sense. This type of insurance covers you against the loss, theft or damage to your home and personal possessions. It can also cover the contents of your shed and garage, and even covers the possessions you take out of the home – on holiday or to university or to work for example. 

Getting the right cover to protect both yours and your family’s belongings is important – don’t forget you’ll have to cover your books, carpets and curtains, and the kids’ Xbox, as well as the flatscreen TV and your jewellery. 

We understand there’s a lot to think about when it comes to making sure you have adequate cover to protect everything you own! Which is why we will help you ensure that you leave nothing off the inventory, and talk to you about the amount of cover and excess you want. 

Next we will search the market for the ideal policy for you; we have access to deals and insurers that you won’t find on price comparison sites! Then we’ll help you navigate the application process as well as setting up your monthly Direct Debit for your premiums, on a date that suits you.

After that it’s just a case of answering any questions you still might have, and helping with any forms that need signing and sending out. 

Easy peasy! 

Building And Contents Insurance Services Q&A

Why get Building and Contents Insurance?

Also known as Home Insurance, like other insurances, is put in place to compensate you with a cash pay out if there is any damage or loss to your property, or possessions within it.

Could you afford to pay for new carpets, curtains and furnishings if there was a fire? Or pay for repairs if your home suffered storm damage?  Could you afford to pay to live somewhere else if your home was uninhabitable because of a flood?

And what if you were burgled? Could you afford to replace your flat screen TV, electronic goods, and Jewellery?

If the answer is, ‘no’, you’re probably going to want Home and Contents Insurance!

What do Building And Contents Insurance Services cover?

Besides the items I’ve already mentioned, home and contents insurance also protects the structure of your home, including the roof, walls, and windows. It will not normally pay out for damage due to wear and tear, but will cover you against storm or fire damage, or any other structural damage to the property.

This type of insurance also covers possessions you might keep in your shed or garage, as well as protecting any belongings you might take out of the house with you – when you go on holiday for example.

What if I live in an unusual property?

If you don’t live in a standard brick walled, tiled roof house, then you might need specialist insurance. Some property styles defined as ‘non-standard’ include houses with a timber frame, and those with a flat roof. Specialist buildings insurances are also available if you live in a listed building or a cottage with a thatched roof.

What happens when I make a claim?

When it comes to the ‘contents’ part of your insurance it normally works on a ‘new for old’ basis, so if your TV is damaged, for example, your insurance policy will pay out for a new one. Some policies take into account wear and tear, so if the TV was 5 years old the policy will only pay out its current value – not the price when it was new.   

If you’re claiming on the buildings part of the policy, your insurer will pay out enough money to cover the cost of the repair or rebuild. (subject to you insuring yourself enough to do so)

Is Building and Contents Insurance compulsory?

The short answer is, no, unless you’re applying for a mortgage, your lender will normally insist that you have at least buildings insurance. 

Whether you are a homeowner or not, your home is your safe place, and where you keep your most treasured possessions; so for peace of mind it makes sense to protect them.

These are some of the most common questions asked about Buildings and Contents Insurance, but it’s certainly not an exhaustive list! If you have any other questions about Buildings and Contents Insurance, or you would like us to find the best policy for you, drop us a line and we’ll be happy to help. 

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial